- He meows louder than any cat I've ever heard. It's like he's saying DID YOU HEAR ME? WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING?
- He can make his meow sound exactly like a crying baby. It's freaky. And endearing. He's magical.
- He has snuck his way into our apartment no less than three times. And when confronting, simply blinks his eyes and stares, as if to say, WHAT?
- He follows me and Mrs. B when I take her for a walk. Not kidding. He once followed us for like 25 minutes. It's adorable. I tell Mrs. to come along, then I tell He-Man to come along.
- Despite Mrs. B chasing him up trees several times, he's gotten ballsy and swiped at Mrs. when she walks by. Now she's not afraid, and Mrs. B doesn't chase her anymore (and is actually now scared of him)
So tonight, it's like 50 degrees here and He-Man lives upstairs. He doesn't get along with the other cat the owners have, so he's outside a lot. The door was nudged open today, as I was talking to the neighbors about the cops being here again for ---you guessed it -- another incident with Snoop Dogg, and He-Man crept down the stairs and looked at me like, um, do you think I could come in for a bit? Pete wasn't home, and he's normally super strict about this (for my allergies). But I can't resist He-Man. I'm powerless. So I let him in. I gave him a small dish of milk, and he seemed to enjoy it. Then he went off to find a warm corner (so I thought). I let him sit here for a while, then started to feel a bit wheezy, so I decided it was time for He-Man to leave. Then I go into the bedroom and see this:

Please excuse the fact that parts of this video include 1. my baby talk to He-Man. 2. Copious shots of my wedding ring. This in fact is not a ring commercial. Sorry, I held the camera with my right hand. And yes, I referred to his mouth as mouf. That's how I roll.After I shot this, you'll be happy to know Mom, that I removed He-Man from the apartment, scrubbed my hands up to my elbows, stripped the bed, and took off my cat-infested clothes and hopped in the shower, where I scrubbed from head to toe. Then I took my allergy medicine. It was really worth it though. He-Man, I really love you.
1 comment:
Keep him!
Post a Comment