As you know we've been sick. Lucia coughed twice yesterday morning, and it didn't sound great. We called day care and they said don't worry, and bring her over. So we did. I called at 3 to check in and ask about her cough; our day care provider said she had only heard her cough 1-2 times.
When I picked her up at 5 though, I noticed she was really congested, and when I got her home and sat with her, when she coughed I noticed she wheezed when she breathed out. I have asthma. My family unfortunately has a very bad track record with asthma (read: highly dangerous). But I didn't think it was asthma last night; I was freaked out at the prospect of having the H1N1 flu. Or really any flu. Because of her allergy to egg, she can't have flu shots.
The good news is that since getting her up 2 hours ago, she hasn't coughed once and her congestion appears to be gone. Hmmmm. Then I remembered that our daycare provider said she just loved playing in the hay in the backyard (Stacey has her backyard all decorated festive for Halloween/Fall). I'm highly allergic to hay. I didn't put it together until this morning.
She's likely highly allergic to hay. The symptoms that resulted out of this allergic reaction are upsetting; she might have asthma in the future. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment