Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween!

I had no idea, but this was Pete's first year celebrating a traditional Halloween in the US. Traditional = trick-or-treating and carving a pumpkin. We carved our pumpkin Friday night -- well I should say Pete carved it. I showed him the general idea, and he did it in no time flat. I remembered pumpkins taking FOREVER when we were little. Guess it's like most things when you grow up -- time goes really fast. Anyway, our jack-o-lantern looks awesome!



On Saturday we had two parties to attend: one was a party/baby shower for friends of friends who wanted us to meet so we could know other people nearby with babies. I made them an awesome baby blanket (if I do say so myself!).



Both parties called for costumes on the babies (thankfully not us, as we agreed we are TERRIBLE at coming up with costumes). We dressed little Miss in her costume, which was a flower. We were thrilled to get a bee goody bag from friends for Lucia's birthday (by coincidence!), and her ensemble was complete. I was nervous she wouldn't tolerate the hat/hood, but she seemed to do great. We put her in a long-sleeve onesie, just in case it was cold. She refused to wear the matching booties, so fine, we let her wear her polka dot shoes. They actually looked adorable with the rest of it.





See? At the second party we went trick-or-treating, and it was great fun. Lucia is just thrilled to walk down the sidewalk by herself; I think she would have been perfectly happy if we just did that all night. But we taught her to walk up to houses, to ring the doorbell or knock, and say "Trick Or Treat!" and of course, Thank You after getting candy. Towards the end, she just wanted to go into each house and explore (uh, no Lucia). We didn't let her eat any of her candy (allergies, and well, who NEEDS to eat candy?), but I ate 2 Reese's Peanut Butter cups for old time's sake. Dangit those things are still good. Hope everyone had a great Halloween!












2 comments:

Mary said...

that blanket is amazing! order one up for sprout butler please!!! :) and 1 - the flower is ridiculously cute, and 2 - i cannot believe she wore that headpiece. i literally cannot believe she wore that headpiece. i think she has a future as a vegas showgirl. just kidding. but totally awesome and cute!!

Amy T. said...

I have to say I'm surprised that Pete didn't carve a car into the pumpkin! That would have been COOL!!!