Friday, March 19, 2010

18 Month Checkup and Showing Off New Overalls

We took Lucia in today for her 18 month appointment. It was kinda annoying because we didn't see our doctor (she was on vacation). So when the doctor helpfully suggested that we could give Lucia eggs for a protein source, we knew she hadn't read her chart. Annoying. At any rate, little miss weighs 23.8 (10.8 kg) and is 32 inches (81.3 cm) tall. She's in the 78% percentile for height and 45% for weight. Everything else seems fine. BUT we have to give up the milk before bed and start brushing her teeth every night. We tried it tonight and it went well; she was very excited to brush her teeth and drank her milk with her dinner and didn't seem to miss our quiet time together (although I'm pretty sad about giving it up). The doc also said we could try time outs; 1 minute for every year of a child's age, so 90 seconds for Lucia. This will come in very handy when she does things like this week when she hit poor Mrs. B's face with her toy, hard. Not OK. I'm picking up a stool from IKEA this weekend so we can put it in the corner of her room.

So. In this video, Little Miss does her famous wiggle wiggle wiggle on her new chair while showing off her new overalls. Kids in overalls = does it get any more precious?? Also, she demonstrates her aversion to the ottoman and I gratuitously pan over to the baby blanket I sewed for a friend that desperately needs to get into the mail.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That was so adorable. I loved the wiggle!!

I agree about kids and overalls. I was so sad when my boys were too old to wear overalls (overalls and boy grade schoolers=not so cool.)

Lucia is beautiful.