 |
| Sleeping in Lucia's room to keep an eye on her |
You may not know this, but Pete has been freelancing for a start up company since February. The project has grown increasingly busy and currently I'd say he's working about 40 hours a week. But here's the kicker: our daycare was closed this week and with you-know-who being so sick, he's had to confine his work hours to when she's sleeping and wait for it -- after dinner until 1 a.m. We are hopeful the light is at the end of the tunnel; the products are hopefully moving into production phase sooner than later. But after staying home with super clingy/whiny Lucia all day yesterday and trying to work from home, I can tell you with certainty that it's exhausting and crazy-making. And he does it pretty much everyday, and then works another 4-5 hours solid every night. Insane. I really don't know how he does it. He's part robot. His endurance he surely gets from his mom, who, as you know is a power-house when it comes to pushing through. Remember when she was helping us unpack? She just kept going, running only on chocolate and coffee. It was astonishing.
Saturdays and Sundays we alternate who gets to sleep in. Today was my morning to sleep, and I was surprised to see him crashed out when I got up (Lucia was entertained by Barney on TV). Poor guy. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment