Friday, December 2, 2011

Thankful

Our trip to Delaware for Thanksgiving, or "back East" as they call it out here, was uh, eventful on the way. Lucia developed pinkeye literally as we flew across the country and had an allergic reaction to something she ate so her lips were gigantic and red, almost like candy lips, when we arrived. Good times. 



Still, we had such a lovely trip. Mimi, my mom, was recovering from a scary bout of pnuemonia, so we took it super easy and carefree. Pete unfortunately had to work a lot, so Lucia, Mimi and I spent a lot of time together hanging out and well, just enjoying each other. Lucia got a new doll with tons of outfits (how apropos) from Mimi and Big Papa. She named her new doll The Lucia, so she would constantly ask, where's The Lucia. One day she panicked when I put her down for a nap because she needed The Lucia to keep her safe while she slept. Ok then. 

I think one of the things she enjoyed the most was hanging out with her cousins. Aunt Kate was incredibly accomodating, providing a carseat for us to use and well, playdates with my nephews. Don't tell anyone, but I also think she really enjoyed french braiding Lucia's hair. :) 



I was able to unplug from Facebook, Twitter and incessant chatter they create and found myself blissfully unaware of what so-and-so posted about outrage/heartwarming story of the day. It was wonderful, and a lesson for me in stress management. I talked with my parents about my career plans, and Pete and I got to go out for an amazing dinner date and talked about our future plans.

All in all, it was a super relaxing, awesome vacation. Big thanks to my parents and Aunt Kate for making it so special. 

No comments: