Tuesday, January 24, 2012

She's a Talker

It seems like overnight, Lucia has begun talking more and more. 

And more and more. 

And more and more. 

She used to always ask me, "Can you tell me 'bout your day?" and the hilarious thing was she would ask this at like 6:30 a.m. when so far my day had consisted of making coffee and praying it would be ready soon. But most nights either at dinner or when I would rock her to sleep, she would ask me to recount my day in painstaking detail. We started to understand that she very much liked hearing about the sequence of things. So last night I asked her, "Can you tell me 'bout your day?" And she began recounting her day, which started out with, "Benjamin pushed me two times today." Me: he did? Did you push him back (because she often omits that part of the story) ? She said, No. No I dint Mommy. But I did tell him, (and she holds her hands out like she's gesturing) that you have to say you're sorry now." Me: Oh. Is that so? Did he say he was sorry? Her: Yes, he did. 

And it goes on and on and on like this. She's picking up conversations now, not just sentences but entire conversations. It's hilarious, and really makes me love my mom more, as I did the exact same thing, and my mom was also dealing with a 5-year-old at the time. God bless ya mom. 

2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

That's so cute!!

Though a little scary... sometimes I curse like a drunken sailor and need to remember to stay well clear of impressionable 5-year olds.

Mary said...

so sweet.