Saturday, November 3, 2012

New top!


So its that time again, rain is here! My top has been a bit leaky in the last few years, but since it doesnt rain here all that much, I have just parked it in the garage on those days. However over the summer the rear plastic window really started getting difficult to see through, it looked like a frosted window, more suitable as a bathroom window. I tried to fix it, but it didn't really work. A new top was ordered - with a real glass window this time, and I also had it tinted. The top is made of black canvas that's sandwiched over a rubber core and with canvas backing. Needless to say the new top looks awesome and it also cuts down on the wind noise quite a bit compared to the old thin vinyl top. Here are a couple of before and after shots I took today. 

The new top looks super clean, as if grafted from a new Porsche or something, and the rest of my car looks a bit tired now in comparison... 


There was several open holes and gaps in the old top, as seen in the image above - directly above the seat you see a tear with daylight shining through. You can also see how frosted the rear window was. Not safe!!
An added bonus with the tinted glass is that, at night, cars behind me dont blind me as the rear view mirror.

No comments: