I've been sick off and on since OCTOBER, with maybe three periods of approximately 7-10 days of wellness where I'm able to feel good enough to hit the gym and rock our daily routine. I had a cold going into Christmas, was feeling better, then inadvertently ate gluten, which aggravates my allergies and asthma, on Christmas Eve and picked up another cold on Christmas. Gah. So I went from almost no coughing and operating at 75% to back down to 50-60% and coughing my head off. I had JUST turned the corner this weekend, and was back up to about 80%, when here comes another cold or something. Only this time it was with a fever and with less-than-optimal phlegm color. Ugh. Also, my asthma took a freaking nose dive, which is dangerous given the pregnancy and well, in general, let's be honest. So I finally called the doctor Tuesday as I was feeling super bad, and got an antibiotic, new nose spray to hopeful curb the post-nasal drip and instructions to double my preventative asthma inhaler.
I am feeling better, thank god. My asthma has settled down and I took leave without pay today, as I have exhausted my vacation and sick days (UGH), but thought it was worth the investment to feel better.
But then tonight Pete picked up Lucia and they RAN to Chipotle, where our dinner order was waiting, to get her to the bathroom. She had diarrhea. He got her home and while washing her hands before dinner she threw up. Then I checked, and sure enough she has fever.
UNCLE, people. We are tired of being sick over here; it's unrelenting and we are sick of not feeling well.
No comments:
Post a Comment