Welp, Lucia is going to kindergarten! This fall, instead of next. We looked at the cost of her continuing preschool AND baby care and it's insane. I was on the fence anyway; I felt like she was left out of her friends graduating and getting excited about kindergarten, but she wasn't getting a chance to.
And now she will. We enrolled last week and we'll hear back sometime this week (hopefully) for our school assignment. I've learned a lot about school ratings and scores (in a very quick time frame, gulp). While the school she will likely be assigned to scores a 9 out of 10, we've heard only really positive things about it, so we're excited and eager to see what happens. School starts Aug. 26. It's right down by Lake Merritt, so it's about 1.3 miles away. It's apparently a smaller school and intimate environment, so we think that might benefit us. Plus it's only 1.3 miles away from home, so that's good too.
No comments:
Post a Comment