Here he is in all his wiggle worm glory. Espen is 5 months today. This month we've seen him learn to roll over, push up with his arms and the ever so slight beginnings of the inchworm scooch about. He's "talking" more and more and likes to chew chew chew on his hands. He's spitting up a lot more, which we asked the doctor about, and he shrugged and said he'll probably outgrow it in the next few months. We think the other baby at the nanny share is encouraging him to start crawling and interacting. Our nanny said that when her son tries to play with Espen and he isn't ready, he now holds his hand up as if to say, gimme a minute, yo.
Also noteworthy this month: we finally figured out side-lying nursing, which enables me to get some sleep in the middle of the night. It's glorious.
Someone commented on a picture recently and said he was getting so big, and instead of feeling sad, I beamed. I know, I thought. He's my boy. In the journey to get him here, there's still a part of me that can't believe it's real, so I'm so thrilled he's doing so great and growing up to be yes, super strong. My little love bug.
No comments:
Post a Comment