We celebrated Lucia's 6-month birthday today with new clothes from Carter's, and a very welcome gift of TWO pack-n-plays from a friend with a 2-year-old who had outgrown them. Sweeeeet. She's on the border of sizes, but with her long legs her pants were looking ridiculous, so we got her some new ones, and I tried not to cringe at the ruffles on them. Gawd. We found some cute things otherwise, though I had to talk Pete out of a gray hoodie with a pickup truck on it -- FOR LUCIA. He's obsessed with HIS gray hoodie and is projecting his love of his onto her; I swear, I come home and she's dressed in her hoodie (size 3 mos) at least 3 days a week. Pete just laughs and says, it's warm. Right dude. So now we obviously have to find her a 6-mo sized gray hoodie.
Little Miss is sleeping through the night now, generally from 7 p.m. to 4 a.m., when I nudge Pete to get up and he puts her pacifier back in her mouth. She generally sleeps then for 1-2 more hours, and some days if we get lucky, I get up and spend time with her before work, and she conks right back out after eating, which Pete loves because he gets to sleep a few more hours. I like it too, because it's our special quiet time in the morning for me and Lucia to spend. Other days she's zonked, and then inconveniently wants to get up when she hears me getting up. Those are the rougher mornings; this morning I was calculating what the absolute minimum time I needed to get ready so that I could feed her and not have to wake up Pete. Some days are better than others, as the saying goes.
We're going to Lake Tahoe this weekend; a friend has a few homes up there and invited us. We figured we might not be in the Bay Area for forever, so we should take our chances when we get them. We're bringing Mrs. B with us as well, so it'll be a real party. We're hoping to hike and see the sights; no skiing for us.
2 comments:
Let me just say that it was a very nice hoodie that happened to have a cool pickup truck on it.
Second it was 70% off so it was only $5
Thirdly there are many female pickup drivers out there, in fact most SUV drivers are women.
(I might go back and pick it up later)
Pete, LOL!
Sounds like Lucia is a fantastic sleeper. You really lucked out with that! I did not have 'gifted sleepers'...do is sound bitter? Totally just kidding:)
Have a wonderful time in Tahoe. That sounds awesome!!
Post a Comment