Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Sleepy at 35.040 ft

Things got of to a pretty smooth start today, but at around 11 AM I got really scared. I had fed Lucia a new type of formula this morning and she was now screaming her head off and nothing could stop her. This was very unusual and very untimely as I still had some packing to do and how would the flight go if she had developed some kind of belly ache due to the new formula. I thought it was pretty stupid trying a new formula shortly before leaving.

Leaving Heather was very difficult so I am glad it was a short goodbye. The TSA circus ballet was as stupid as ever, but it went as smoothly as it was inconvenient. There's no easy way to put your shoes back on when you have a baby strapped to your chest. I dont know who came up with the idea, but it must have been a great idea at the time. "Lets have them take off their shoes when they walk through the detector! Moah ha ha!"

I asked for a bassinet which is a little crib they hook on the the wall inside the airplane, that thing rocks. She then sleeps while I type this or eat or go to the restroom. I also have another mom next to me with a little 14 mo old girl they're Swedish, and behind me there's a Norwegian couple with a 2 year old. These kids are really into each other! In addition I'm sitting next to the restroom area so theres a lot of people hanging here constantly so Lucia has been mostly awake thus far, but I hope she will burn through her batteries soon, things has calmed down now as they have turned off all the lights in here.
Note to self: remember to make a detailed list of things to bring on the airplane: bottle with warm water for mixing with cold and headphones!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I saw your headphones on the table last night and thought you'd be missing them. Then again, now you can hear her scream at full volume. ;)