It's been changing by the hour over here:
Carpets were being cleaned Wednesday a.m.
Then I called the carpet cleaner to make sure the chemicals were safe. He said he was sure they were safe, because they were made in the US. I laughed a lot at that answer. So is um, DEET, Chlorine bleach, hydrocloric acid and about a million other totally toxic chemicals. The dude also didn't know about our particular problem and uh, how to fix it. He just knew that our landlord called him to come clean the carpets.
Not particularly helpful.
So our landlord tells us that the carpet cleaners will use whatever we want.
I call Stanley Steamer Carpet Cleaner, they said to use sodium tripolyphosphate, which alarmingly is in Kraft Mac N' Cheese, but is otherwise completely safe for households with babies and dogs.
Sweet. We tell our landlord what to use. He asks where we can get it. I'm like I'M NOT A CARPET CLEANER!!! Thinking if your carpet guy doesn't know where to get chemicals, I'm pretty sure he's uh, a terrible carpet cleaner.
Mind you, the carpets have already been steam cleaned.
So our landlord says to go ahead with Stanley Steamer, but to get a quote first.
This is frustrating.
So now we called SS and they're coming today from 10-12 for a whopping $176. Done and done.
We're really hoping this is the end of our carpet woes and we can move on to enjoying our apartment.
No comments:
Post a Comment