Thursday, April 8, 2010

LoJack Free

Pete had his antenna removed. What started as a nub when we were dating evolved into a full-on bump, protuding from the top of his scalp. We used to joke with friends that that's where I installed the LoJack to track his movements. Here's what it looked like:



So an appointment was made to have it removed. On the day of, I was really nervous, not knowing if they were going to knock him out or what, and in a hilarious way, the doc and nurse thought I was worried about scarring. I wasn't worried about that at all -- I was worried about them cutting into my husband's head, hello. Needless to say, I was dismissed to the waiting room during the procedure. After about 20 minutes, I got to come back and see how he was doing (cause they were done). His antenna had been removed and was now sitting in a beaker; it looked just like a chick pea. We made lots of jokes about what if that's where all the chocolate he eats ends up or what if the antenna was the source of his superpowers. I said if it was the source of him filtering being a douchebag, we'd probably have it have it re-installed. He's recovered from the procedure nicely though, I'm happy to report. Here's what it looks like now.

No comments: