Sunday, April 11, 2010

Night Fever

Me explaning to Lucia that we have to brush her teeth after her "juice" (probiotic drink).

Lucia and I both haven't been feeling that great this weekend; she's been crankers and has had a slight fever, and I woke up today with a sore throat and what I think to be a fever (we only have one thermometer and it's Lucia's and you can guess where we put it, and you will understand why I don't know definitively if I had a fever). Anyway, things kinda peaked today; I felt progressively worse this afternoon, and was FREEZING when we came home from having lunch in the city, took Advil, put on a heavy sweater (see photo) and we went about our evening. Lucia went to bed around 8, and had her last dose of Motrin around 6. She woke up crying at 10, and as soon as I picked her up I knew her temperature was crazy high again. It was 102.8 F (39.33 C), which wasn't as high as last time, but definitely not good. We've given her Tylenol, and tried to get her to drink some cold water, but she didn't want it. We managed to talk her into drinking some "juice" which is a probiotic drink, but then we had to brush her teeth afterwards of course. I rocked her with a cool rag on her head until she fell asleep; she seemed cooler when I put her down. We are due to check her again at 12 midnight and 2 a.m. The fun never ends over here.

No comments: