Friday, October 28, 2011

This Morning's Events, Amended

Pete was behind me and staying back with Lucia, so I had an eye on the action. What actually happened: as I step out the front door to get our CSA box, which the people can't seem to deliver properly, we hear all this ruckus, and I wasn't sure if someone was just joking around in the echo-ey parking garage or what. But we listened closer: this woman was screaming my car my car my car! He stole my car! I ran down the hill and she said, can I use your phone to call my husband? Of course, I said. Then she tells her husband: "I've just been robbed at gunpoint. They took the car." She was badly shaken up. Several of our neighbors were on their balconies dialing 9-1-1 for her; other nearby neighbors came to help her file the police report and provide details including the license plate number of the driver who accompanied this thug. I'm so thankful this woman cried out as loud as she did to get our attention. It was terrifying, especially since we live in a very safe part of town. Not the best way to start Friday.

No comments: