Saturday, February 11, 2012

Our Little Starfish

I noticed when we went to swimming lessons last week that Lucia was the oldest kid, by far. Hmm,  interesting, I thought. Then today, as I sat in the viewing gallery, I chatted with another mom and asked, how do you know when to transition them to the next level? She said, well if she's 3, it's probably time.

I was nervous about pushing for moving her up, because as we all know I can be a little too Type A about these things, but I read the descriptions for the classes, and yesiree, the Starfish class is for kids who are not afraid of the water but are still reluctant to put their faces in. That describes Lucia.

We start next Sunday at 2:30. This is awesome because we'll have our Saturdays back to go to the Farmer's Market, something we've truly missed. Our little neighborhood has such a great buzz on Saturdays. Even if we don't buy all of our groceries there, it's still so fun to go down there, get coffee and treats, then walk home. Since August we've had to drive past to and from swimming but didn't get to participate. So yay!

Unfortunately, our new classes will not be with the same teacher, which is tough. Selma is incredible, and Lucia and I talked about it today and we're going to make her a picture (which I'll have laminated at Kinko's so it doesn't get wet and ruined). Selma asked Lucia for a hug today, so I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual. But it's time to move up. She'll go see Selma one last time next Saturday, then Rachel on Sunday as well. FUN!




No comments: