When I was growing up, my sister and I shared a room for a while, but then when we had our own rooms I'd sneak into her room to whisper at night. One of my favorite games was a play on the word Eight. It goes like this:
Me: I one the snake
Her: I two the snake
Me: I three the snake
And so on and so forth, until you get to eight, which obviously sounds like you ATE the snake. I distinctly remember sitting in our family room in Indiana and realizing that if I let my sister start the game I would always automatically get to say I ATE THE SNAKE (as I was the even numbers). Tonight I remembered it and decided to teach Lucia; her eyes lit up when I said it the first time. She laughed and laughed and wanted to play a few more times, so we did, each of us getting a turn to say I ATE THE SNAKE!
As I tucked her into bed tonight, I told her that sometimes I want to go back to that time when she was a baby, but nights like tonight are just so fun because we can play games like that.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment