Sunday, October 6, 2013

Six Months Old!!

Here's where I'd put in pictures of our little man, but I dropped my phone one too many times and there goes the camera. Dangit. Pete is going to fix it for me, but in the meanwhile... here's Espen's six month update (Pete can you fill in the pics?)

This month! We've seen:

  • More scooching, especially in the backwards direction. 
  • A LOT more talking! 
  • Growing out of his teeny straw hat, sadface. We're pretty sure he's still in the basketball-head size range (97th percentile last time we went in).
  • In the past few days or maybe week? He's taken to resting his head on my chest after I sit him up and burp him. Which is ridiculously adorable and a change for him; he's normally like OK PUT ME IN BED NOW LADY as soon as he's done nursing, or during the day LET'S GET BACK TO PLAYING, SHALL WE? So the snuggles are really welcome. And super cute. 
  • Size 2 diapers. I had a hard time with this milestone, I have no idea why. I denied it for a week or so, then he pooped on Thursday and it squeezed like toothpaste up his back and out his armholes. Uh. Fine. We'll move up to size 2s. 
  • Experimenting with a few solid foods: we've had bananas, sweet potato, applesauce, avocado, black bean puree and oatmeal. The winner is banana, of course. Who doesn't love mashed banana? This week and month we'll try more veggies and maybe more oatmeal. I figure if I can mix banana with stuff we'll get further. 
  • Waking up only once to eat overnight! Believe it. we now feed him at 10ish, 3ish and 6:30ish. Good stuff. We give him his pacifier or gripe water if he wakes up other than that.
  • The promise of a new tooth. It's coming! So soon! We can see the shadow of it -- we hope it'll push through this week. Poor guy has been crankers. 
That's all I can think of... Yay six months!! 

No comments: