Saturday, February 2, 2008

Afternoon drama

So yesterday this dude knocks on the door and asks if I am interested in buying magazines, totally shady deal. I say no. A little later I notice a cop walking in the parking lot so I figured somebody else called about him, but a little later as I stand in the porch door looking at all the cops coming in, a plain-clothes police officer approaches me with a picture of one of the shady neighbors we call "Snoop Dog" and asks if I had seen this guy within the last 10 minutes, I said "no", so this was clearly not about the magazine dealer, but something bigger.

There are now probably 20 cops, 5 cars and a motorcycle hanging outside our apartment building, standing behind trees, guns ready. About 20 minutes into it, Snoop Dog comes out, is handcuffed and taken into the police cruiser.
I ask the officer that asked me about the photo what he was taken for and he says "previous crimes". Obviously.




Two cops talking in the parking lot. I took these pictures inside through the blinds and the fence around the patio so they could have been a lot better.

The officer that asked me about the picture.


More officers in front of Snoop Dogs apartment, on the left.


A couple more officers hanging by their cars.


Snoop Dog taken out. (I'm really bummed about the quality here, but I had no way to know the speed/aperture settings when the LCD screen on the back is busted.)

3 comments:

katieo said...

Holy Crap!
Any idea about the "previous crimes?"

Unknown said...

Woopps creepy

Anonymous said...

Your life is SO much more interesting than mine .....