Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Suspected B+E
Back when I was a journalist, I got to cover some pretty cool stuff and learn about detectives and what to look for when making a crime report. This came in handy today when I'm working from home, and look over at our lovely balcony, to see a strange man literally 6 feet away from me (though separated by glass), scaling our back fence to get onto the balcony above ours. I had heard someone knocking for some time, and thought wow that person is really persistent. But I had no idea the lengths this guy would go to -- I jumped and yelled What the __________?? And he pointed to the balcony above, then tried the door, then scaled back down and took off. We called the police immediately -- they're on the way over -- and we also called the property manager to let them know this type of stuff is not OK and we are concerned for our safety and want them to do something. This comes a day after we sent a letter documenting everything else that's happened. Apparently there's a clause in our lease that says we can break our lease if we are concerned for our safety. Friends, we might be doing that sooner than you think. Today's activity scared me to death. Really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys need to buy a shotgun or something. Load that'ol son'bitch up wit rock'sall HOOOOOOWEEEE!!! KABLAM!! Welcome to the neighborhood!!
Post a Comment