I have noticed a more alert Lucia lately. She seems more attentive and notices things more readily now than before Christmas which is cool, but at the same time she require more attention and she is um.. controlling: She has to have her hands on the bottle now and she is using them to pull it out and push it back in when she is ready for more. (See photo)She also likes to look at Mrs. Baylee and she likes to touch her, if she's within reach.
Another more disappointing development is her beginning aversion toward the pacifier. I think it reminds her of having to go to sleep and she will have nothing of it! The trick is to see when she may want it and introduce it then.
It is funny to watch: one second she hates it, the next she is like loving it and her eyes are rolling, its magic.
I have noticed all kinds of small details now that I spend so much more time with her and I am getting better at "reading" her, understanding and anticipating what she needs.
Reading the sleep book was also an eye-opener to me, no wait! It has been an eye-closer! Some of the things it suggested was counter intuitive but it works! Perhaps she is just reaching that age now when she is starting to sleep longer during the night?
3 comments:
I wouldn't stress about the pacifier. It will cost you less in orthodontic bills down the road if she DOESN'T want it. : - ) Maybe try a "lovey" or another soothing object.
Keep up the good work Dad!
Agreed - a blanket with a satiny border worked for us.
You're doing so great Pete/Mr. Mom! Keep it up!
also, in the first photo, she looks like a rapper. hilarious.
Post a Comment