Monday, May 31, 2010

Fun Filled Weekend!

And we mean filled!!

Friday night Pete was working his new temporary photography gig and I went to the city for a friend's birthday party, and Lucia hung out with Elizabeth, who I used to work with, for an hour or so until Pete came home.

Saturday morning I went to a boot camp type of workout with one of the other moms from our daycare. She's wonderful; it can be hard to meet fellow ladies and especially moms that I really like, and I'm so happy to have met her. Yay! The workout was great; of course I showed off and embarrassed myself. I'll never learn!

We took the dogs to the dog park and they lollygagged around and acted like proper dogs (for Mrs. B, this meant puking).


Saturday night we went to Jen & Jonas' house for an awesome dinner. They had put out 5 different platters of appetizers on the coffee table, and Lucia acted like it was her own buffet. We brought hummus, feta, tapenade and homemade pita chips and veggies for the group. Of course Lucia enjoyed carrots, and then the next day I read they are one of the top choking hazards. Mother of the Year, right here.

Sunday we met our friends early at Happy Hollow Zoo and proceeded to spend the next SIX HOURS playing and seeing animals and goofing off. Lucia's favorite things were the hand-washing station, and specifically learning how to push the button to make the water go on.


She tried to feed a goat his own poop (he didn't want any, weird!), chased Maya, napped in her stroller, and ate her weight in Cheerios and fruit. We had such a great, great time.




Today we didn't do much: I think I'm still tired today from all of the events, frankly. We went to a friend's house for an early dinner, and I'm calling it an early night. We are heading to Los Angeles this week to see the Pants family and meet Mr. Matty. So excited to see them!

No comments: