Thursday, January 6, 2011
Plagued
And! We haven't mentioned this, but when we moved into our new place, we noticed there were tons of ants near Lucia's room. I googled and found out that cinnamon is a natural repellant. So I sprinkled it um, liberally around the area where we thought they were coming from, and it worked like a charm. Awesome. Then we came home from our trip and gahhhhhh they're back. Sprinkle sprinkle. I put my suitcase (fine, if you must know I haven't actually finished unpacking) near the area, and didn't think anything of it. Then I moved the suitcase in the bedroom and pulled out a few things while trying to find something to wear to work yesterday. Last night when I picked up the sweaters and pulled back the covers to get into bed, ANT FRENZY. Good lord. So we literally sprinkled the whole bed (on top of the sheets!) with cinnamon, then vacuumed up most of it, but sprinkled all around the bed. That seemed to do the trick, but then we found more of them tonight in Lucia's room. Lord. We'll be adding small ant traps to our arsenal but until then, it's the house of Cinnamon. There are worse smells, I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We have been in our place for four years and never had ants until this morning. Wonder if it's the cold weather that is bringing them in?
Post a Comment