Thursday, January 6, 2011

We're Doing at Least Something Right

We have an announcement: LUCIA ISN'T GOING TO BE A SOCIOPATH! She has developed empathy and well, it's pretty adorable. She asks us what we're doing all the time, asks us what's the matter and how are we feeling. She's more expressive with her words now too: tonight's dinner was "really good." Tonight Pete went to get me some Tylenol (I'm battling a cold or virus) and when she asked what Daddy was doing, I told her he was going to the store. She repeated it back to me several times and then added: get medicine for Mommy so feel better. Cue awwwwwww sound. I told her tonight that I loved her and she said "love you too. Baby (her doll) loves you too." It was adorable-fest tonight. 

In other news:

Week 1 of daycare is going well. Although it's only been 2 days, she hasn't to go home each night, so that's good. She absolutely loves Nick and Jamie and their 2 year old son Benjamin. It's a party over there. They are super thoughtful and provide a journal entry for her each day so we can know what she did. We really love them and are happy with the care she's receiving. Today she painted a surprisingly good picture that we're going to frame. 

We are -- dum dum dum-- in the process of giving up the pacifier. It is not recommended for the faint of heart. The sobbing. Last night was tough, but tonight was a bit better, thankfully. It wasn't our plan to do this right now, but they forgot her pacifier at naptime yesterday and she didn't seem to mind it, so they suggested we give it a try. I'm hopeful that each night it will be less and less of an issue. 




No comments: