- Lucia sings London Bridge (no, not the Fergie version). Here are her lyrics: Mondon Bridge if fawing down fawing down fawing down, Mondon Bridge is fawing down, My Bear Lady.
- When she sees something or hears us trying to find something (be it in the car or around the apartment), she exclaims: DER LIT IS! This is a Norwegian-English hybrid: Der = There. We have no idea where she picked up LIT, but it means IT. She's trying to say THERE IT IS! It's hysterical.
- Yesterday Nina asked if Lucia if she was her little princess and Lucia thought about it for a moment, then said no, I don't want to be a princess. I want to be Lucia.
- Pineapple = Pah-dusa. We have no idea where this came from, since pineapple in Norwegian is ananas.
- Rah-rock = when we rock her to sleep. Lately she only wants Daddy to rah-rock. Mommy will not do. Mommy does not like this arrangement.
- The other day we were driving along, not particularly fast, but Lucia announced "Mommy you are driving too fast. Slow down." Um, ok?
- We taught her how to tell secrets at dinner; she watched Farfar tell me a secret and then mimicked him. She gestures to me to come closer, then mouths the words (barely audibly), be-ah, be-ah, be-ah). I act surprised every time. Last night she said over and over again after I told her a secret, WEALLY MOMMY?? WEALLY??
I'm sure Pete has some others to add. She's talking a lot, and singing even more. Hilarious.
2 comments:
Fun to read about Lucia! Maya is doing the same thing...speaking Swenglish and being a very obnoxious back seat driver. In Swedish: "daddy, you are driving too fast, too fast!" and then 2 minutes later "faster! FASTER!!!"
so funny. danny went through that phase -
"danny, are you my little bear? are you my darlin'?"
"no, i'm just danny."
Post a Comment