Yeah, sure you did. So we looked all around the apartment and couldn't find it anywhere, so we started to wonder. We asked her what she did with the other earring: "I ate it."
Sigh. I called Kaiser, they connected to Poison Control and basically said as long as she doesn't seem like she's in distress, she's fine (thanks for that illuminating advice), but to bring her in today.
We called our daycare provider, who said she would save Lucia's diapers so we could uh, look for the earring. Pete and Ninny took Lucia to the doctor today who pushed for an x-ray, but then agreed that if we don't see it by tomorrow, to bring her in for an x-ray. Related: how do you give a 2 year old an x-ray? I am not on board with the extra radiation, but if it's stuck in there I guess we'll have to have a look.
Tonight we pushed the hummus and raisins, but we also asked her a few more questions about the earring. Since she confidently told our daycare provider and the doctor that she in fact ate the earring, we wondered if she was just basking in the attention of it (something her mother would never, ever do). We asked her if she was hiding the earring. She nodded yes. We asked, where are you hiding it? She opened her mouth and pointed to her tongue.
Yep. She ate it. We hope the whole thing is resolved by tomorrow. Now I guess we'll have a story of that one time when Lucia ate an earring.
2 comments:
FYI, if the x-ray is digital there will be way less radiation and in most cases you are exposed to more radiation in your daily life...at the beach or flying in a plane for example.
Dude! No way. I'm glad she's OK. And I hope the earring shows up sooner rather than later.
Post a Comment