In the past year, she's grown leaps and bounds in countless ways. Aside from the ahem, stubbornness, her verbal skills have developed and she's extremely conversant, picking up new words constantly. I ask her all the time, where did you learn that word, I didn't know you knew it. Her empathy remains so extremely high; she's the first to tell her classmates when their parents arrive and exclaims, "YOU MUST BE SO EXCITED TO SEE YOUR MOMMY!" She says the sweetest things, like this morning when she squeezed my leg and told me quietly, I love you so much Mommy. I love you too kid, more than you'll ever know.
Age three was not the easiest, but I'm happy to say we've found some helpful guides that she's responded to, which have helped all of us stay sane and level-headed. This morning, she was scowling at me and pointed her finger at me like she was going to urge me to do something. And I just busted out laughing at her, and she did the same. She's so funny. She picks up songs and sings constantly. She's still napping, believe it or not, daily for 1-2 hours (or 3 if we're in Disney World!) and chooses to eat fruit 99% of the time.
When we realized with this current pregnancy that we'd have another whole kid at some point, another potential Lucia, Pete and I both beamed at each other. Because what could be better? She's enriched our lives beyond belief; our little being of light, as her name beholds.
Happy Birthday Lucia. You are so very loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment