Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We've Got A Kicker

Little Baby Hansen was kicking like crazy on the screen today. It was absolutely incredible. At 9 weeks 4 days gestation, the baby is the size of a prune and yet astonishingly, on the grainy screen I could see its head, brain hemispheres, jawline, heart fluttering, arms wiggling and legs kicking like crazy. I cheered for the baby (we think it's a boy) and said GO Little Dude GO!! Due date is April 13. We continue to be elated. Lucia has informed us that she only wants a baby sister, and has already started talking to the baby, which is slightly awkward given the baby is currently located in my pelvis. She also announced this morning that her baby is already out of her tummy and she's feeding it milk with her breasts. Side note: Lucia's fascination with breastfeeding is riddled with irony, given the Herculean efforts I endured to try to get that kid on the breast. C'est la vie. 

1 comment:

Fan Wu said...

Wonderful news. Congratulations!