Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm Home

Pete's having a great time in Detroit. Apparently he went to a Designer's Dinner tonight and met all the big-wigs. Yay Pete!

Here's a story in the New York Times about the car that Pete's friend Ty worked on. Specifically, he worked on the interior. There's a really good picture of the interior here (it's picture 8 in the series). And here's a great press release and quote from Ty on the car:

"In some ways, true luxury is in not having to reach or search around for
controls," said Ty Stump, Chrysler ecoVoyager concept principal interior
designer. "With the new ecoVoyager concept, we carefully placed the gauges and
controls in order to reduce head and eye movement. We also achieved simplicity
in the interior forms, both for visual elegance and to avoid distracting
surfaces."

I'm glad to be home, but am sad I won't be with Pete in the morning. The press conference/annoucement for the Michelin Challenge Design is at 10:15 a.m. EST. I hope to be able to post some news as soon as I hear it!


No comments: