The first thing I will mention as as Heather did, we got killer parking. 100 ft from the main entrance of Coba Hall (where it all goes down), on the street for free. All day.
Day one went pretty well, but I was a little disappointed by the way Michelin designed the wall presentations, they could have utilized the space better to better show peoples work, but it was interesting to see what other people had come up with.
The show is pretty large so we didn't get to see all in one day of course, I will have several more days
to explore and connect with people.
A representative from Michelin mentioned that they will try to set up interviews with industry people, design chiefs, HR, I imagine. Which to me sounds too good to be true, but she also said it was going to be a party, so I will probably have fun regardless what happens.
Detroit is a different place. It is a very masculine place, very gritty and industrial. From the freeway you can see old industrial buildings resting like carcasses in the howling wind with a million broken windows,. There are big smokestacks billowing smoke into a gray sky. The whole place seems stuck in the past, yet the future may come sooner than anyone expect.
1 comment:
you're pretty generous with your description of detroit. most people just say it's shitty!
go wings!!!
Post a Comment