You'll see
the pram pictures are up. I find these fascinating because 1. people's cars are like little toy cars here. I mean we're in Northern Europe -- get it? 2. These strollers are like SUVs. They're HUGGGGE. I'm wondering if people just walk a lot in this area; I suspect I might be right. 3. These strollers START at $1000. Craziness.
1 comment:
I actually think those strollers look prettynormal- what's making you think that they are huge is that they 1. have big wheels and 2. are not umbrella strollers. And let me tell you, when you are bouncing an American type umbrella over cobble stones it is 1. tough on the child and 2 tough on the pusher. Ever since we took our first at 9 months (with a bugaboo) to Rome, we have known that those were the minimum required wheels for really travelling in Europe (we took it through the Forum). You should instead be comparing them to American baby joggers and you can see that they are basically the same. As for the sticker shock, remember that while the $$$ has been declining, the Europeans don't really notice a change in their own Euro. So, compare prices as if they were $ for Euro (as they were when the Euro came out) and it makes more sense, yeah? After all, when the dollar declines, their Euro salaries don't...
Post a Comment