Monday, June 23, 2008

Great Weekend In LA!

We just got back from a great weekend in LA seeing friends of mine and their new baby Danny. Adorable. Mary and I talked nonstop about mothering, babies, etc. etc. and she loaded us up with TONS of baby stuff. Woo-woo!



The heat was nearly unbearable; we were thankful we had air conditioning in our hotel room, and we spent some time in the pool Saturday to cool off. Mrs. B went with us; I always appreciate hotels that take dogs. She seemed scared the first night and insisted on sleeping on the bed glued to Pete's side. The second night, after playing all day with our friends' dog, she was out like a light in her own bed.



The drive wasn't too bad; not a ton of traffic minus a really long jam on the way down -- we lost about an hour of time, which sucked for sure.



I'm in full-on nesting mode these days, which means I drive Pete crazy rearranging and reorganizing things constantly. Last night we rearranged the living room so it's more open. We're planning on sharing a nanny when Little Girl arrives, and the share will be in our house, so I wanted to get used to the new layout before, um January. :)



It feels like we're on a buying frenzy these days; we're buying a new sofa from Crate and Barrel this month -- they're currently having a sale and get new shipments in Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, so I'm calling them constantly to see if they have the sofa we want marked down. We're buying a glider/ottoman combo for the nursery, the crib, a dresser, and a new bookcase for the dining room. And oh yeah, any of the other baby stuff we don't get at our baby shower. There's that. :) Good thing we're going to the financial planner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are too cute. Can't wait to see you this weekend!
amanda merritt