- A good education is the very best thing we can give Little Girl, besides self-confidence. It may sound stunningly obvious, but really it just all hit me when we were traveling. Education is *essential* and the predictor for how far she'll get in life. And we expect it to be far!
- We are so, SO blessed and fortunate and thankful to have the friends and family that we do.
- Nothing makes me (Heather) madder than getting ripped off/unnecessary expenses. The crying in the Copenhagen airport and the heartburn STILL over the $24 spent on 3 cokes is evidence, people. Don't get me wrong, I love me a latte from Starbucks, but having to pay $8 when it's $3 here really chafes me.
- The first few weeks, ok maybe months, with Little Girl are going to be um, hard. By hard I mean sleep-deprived, and bordering on insanity. We saw no less than 6 sets of our friends in Norway/Sweden alone who have little ones and this was the universal truth. That some days you'll wonder what the heck you were thinking, then you'll remember when you catch a glimpse of the little one.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Reflections From Our Trip
Pictures are here and videos are coming... but in the meanwhile, I thought I'd share some reflections on our trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"By hard I mean sleep-deprived, and bordering on insanity."
Mmm...I would say full-on insanity. But hey-knowing that going in is way further ahead than I ever was!
Just knowing that everyone goes through it and it does eventually get better is HUGE. huge. It'll help when the time comes where you wonder if you're the only on earth up at 3 am with a feeding baby.
Anyway, SO glad you're back! I really can't believe the prices over there. I really would've had a panic attack.
And love your other observations...seems like the trip has been a great experience, not just fun, but full of great reminders too! :)
Oh yeah. The sleep deprivation is brutal. I agree with Katie. Knowing about it going in will be helpful. The first six weeks is the worst. It gets much better after that.
Sounds like you had a great trip. Glad you're back. :)
Post a Comment