Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend Review!

It was a mixed weekend for us:

The good:
  • My brother came to visit and arrived Friday night. Fun! He's interviewing for a job this week and we may have found him a potential apartment if things go well. The job would be a transfer with his existing company.
  • We made awesome flank steak Friday. And I do mean awesome. It was insanely good. 
  • We sold our old sofa for 25% of what I paid 10 YEARS AGO! Woo-woo!
  • We had our friend Essie over for dinner Saturday night.
  • Our new mattress arrived Saturday morning. 
  • We cleaned the apartment and it looks really nice. 
The bad:
  • The crib we want from Ikea is backordered for another 6-7 weeks (or so they say). Yikes.
  • Ikea was also out of the bedding we agreed on and didn't have any throw pillows or rugs we liked.
  • I failed my gestational diabetes test and had to go today for a three-hour additional test. I should find out the results Monday. Google gestational diabetes if you want to know what a positive result might mean or click here. Again, yikes. 
  • We had to reset our Tivo. Devastating. 
  • We had to say goodbye to our friend Essie, who's moving to Oslo. Bye Essie. We will truly miss you. 
  • He-man the cat moved out. Nuff said. 
The ugly:
  • My brother, Pete and I all felt sick after Saturday night's dinner of burgers. We suspect the meat or the grill was the culprit. I still feel sick, frankly. But it could be that horrid super sugary drink I drank for the test today. 
  • Pete is not a fan of the new mattress; we had another one delivered last weekend, and it was horribly uncomfortable for me. After two trips and about 2 hours in the mattress store, we finally thought we had compromised and got the right one. 
  • After saying goodbye to He-Man, I broke out in hives all over my face. Dang. 
That's the update people. 


1 comment:

Robin said...

That's a lot going on!

When something out of the ordinary goes on with your pregnancy, step away from the Google!!!! Seriously, you are going to give yourself a heart attack, and most of what you read isn't even relevant to you. (Spoken from someone who googled "placenta previa" when she was diagnosed with it during her first pregnancy....yikes!)