Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekend Review

We had a pretty good weekend, despite it being still short on sleep. I'm not sure if it's the third trimester or the breakneck pace we've kept up, but I cannot get enough sleep lately. Pete says he's tired too, so that's comforting -- it's not just me!

We set up the baby room/guest room/office on Friday with mixed success; we realized we really could use more space, and we have to move my beloved bookcase out and find a place for it. In 2009 we might have to move to a 3-BR apt. The crib is put together, without a mattress for now -- we're expecting to get a gift card for BabyEarth.com at the shower my office is throwing for us on Aug. 7, so we're going to use that towards the purchase. The glider is arriving in the next three weeks or so. The bedding is also arriving in the next few weeks.

Today we went to childbirth class, which I didn't want to go to at the last minute, but Pete talked me into it. I think we both found it informative. I found it fairly terrifying. I suspect there's a chance I will be induced early because of the gestational diabetes -- as much as three weeks early. That'll put us right at Labor Day. Funny, last Labor Day we were having our big family wedding. I'm trying not to hypervenilate over the thought of having the baby that soon, but frankly, I'm tired of the diabetes diet and blood testing and am just ready to meet Little Girl.

1 comment:

Amy T. said...

Oh I hope you can catch me up on what I missed out on yesterday in the class! On the flip side we got SO much done it was awesome!