Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Last Night's Events

We're not ordinarily the type to post political stuff here, but last night's events were and are too historic to not comment upon.

For the first time in eight years, I'm so excited about where this country is going. I cried and cried as the results came in, stunned and disbelieving my eyes. Could it be that we as a country saw past Obama's race and believed him and his message of Hope and Change? How far we have come. How utterly proud I am of the progress we've made in this country, and that hope for a brighter future -- one where America takes care of its own, perseveres, welcomes diversity, and embraces, nurtures and encourages the opportunity of each and every person to become whatever they want. It's a new day in America, and it began last night.

My vote for Obama was much more than just a vote for a man: it was a vote for change, for hope, for optimism. For America to return to it's international status and respect and honor. For America to turn around and fix its domestic problems. It was a vote for the future. The fact that he is African-American didn't matter to me. His message of hope and change did. I'm thrilled beoynd belief and feel so very proud to be an American.