Developmental milestones we've seen:
- Holding her head up more and more
- Clinging onto us like a monkey with her little hands
- SMILING!! (This is the best)
- Cooing. She's most talkative while having her diaper changed. She's very chatty up there.
- More eye contact and she's able to follow us across the room. This is both endearing and can be scary if we're trying to not wake her up and she suddenly pops her eyes open. Like a wild animal, we try not to look her in the eye during those times.
- More alertness before and after eating
Breastfeeding is still difficult, but I'm finding that my perspective and attitude towards it makes a big difference. If I dwell on the negatives, then it's sheer hell. If I focus on the positives, it's manageable. With the recent news about melamine being found in infant formulas here in the US, I'm really trying to get my milk supply up so she doesn't have to have any formula.
She still is very very wiggly. I say to her every morning, "How's my Wiggle?" She's not thrilled with tummy time, but she sure does like being on her tummy for the occasional supervised nap. Her little legs and arms start going crazy -- kinda like a dog in water -- whenever she's about to fuss. It's the warning wiggle if you will.
I've taken to dressing her up in cute outfits then posing her in her crib. She's still sleeps in the bassinet, which we're so thankful to have been able to borrow it from my friend Sara.
We're very thankful in general for Lucia. She's pretty cute, and most days it feels like we might be getting the hang of this.
1 comment:
Like a wild animal, we try not to look her in the eye during those times That is so funny...I remember doing that, too!
This is so sweet. You and Pete are doing so great as new parents. It is such a hard job...those little smiles make it all worthwhile!
Damn, Lucia is one cute baby girl!!
Post a Comment