We have been siphoning off Whole Food's wireless network for a while which has been slow and intermittent. Today a repair man from AT&T hooked the building onto their network again since the cables got cut some time before we moved in. (!)He was also very kind to fix the outlets inside for free, they had been painted over and rendered useless in several other ways.
As Heather mentioned in the previous post, the carpets have been a disaster. They are brand new so they have that VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) related new-carpet-stink, but they also give us dirty feet.
Check out this photo on the right, it shows one washed foot and one that has been walking around for two hours inside the apartment..

I worry about the fumes from the carpets the most since my throat is constantly sore and I am worried that Lucia may be harmed also, she play all day so close to the carpets, but I take comfort in the fact that the landlord has been very responsive and I believe the matter will be solved within a week or two. I am also happy we got an air cleaner today with an active coal filter and an HEPA filter. It seems to work pretty well, it took most of the VOC stink out of Lucia's room – in addition to that other stink.
The apartment is still a mess, but we keep emptying boxes so we should be done soon. We even made dinner here for the first time today!
No comments:
Post a Comment