Friday, May 8, 2009

We'll Have The Bananas

Lucia is a maniac, in constant motion and we think, part monkey. She is quite the climber, and she's fearless. Yikes.

However, she seems to be stuck in the eating solid food category of development. As in, she will only eat bananas. Not bananas and oatmeal. Not bananas and rice. Bananas. Not the jar kind. Homemade only.

The hilarious thing is we've been having a bit of a tough time with Baylee, AKA Mrs. B. She's our own Biggest Loser, going from 28 lbs to uh, 18. She's really thin. We've had her checked for many many many things, and the vets are perplexed. I fed her tonight, and she covered it up with a dishtowel (we had it on the floor cause she did the same thing last night -- tried to move imaginary dirt over it to hide it). But tonight I noticed that not only did she not come back to eat it, but she didn't seem interested at all. And then I remembered that she didn't want to eat this morning. This is Mrs. B we're talking about -- the most beggy, food-obsessed dog out there. She once ate a dead crow off the street. Another time she ate a hoagie that had been hit by a car and had a perfectly clean tire track through it, but was otherwise fully intact. That was her Christmas, I tell you.

So the hand-wringing starts, and I'm whipping up into a lather over how my dog is gonna die. But then I remembered that she too likes bananas. So I gave her four of Lucia's banana ice cubes (our preferred storage method), baby oatmeal and baby rice. She ate three helpings. Gobbled it down and wagged her tail.

So bananas, it is.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I was just thinking that maybe she wants the bananas, too! That is so funny!

Seriously, though, I hope that she gets back to her full-on eating ways. Mrs. B., I mean.

Heather said...

She's back to it Julie! We got her new food and soon she'll be looking like her old self: a loaf of bread with legs. :) No seriously, we won't let her get chubbers again.

Mary said...

She wants to be the baby!!

Becky Bowman said...

LOL!