Saturday, October 4, 2008

She's Home, We're Exhausted

THANK GOD FOR FAMILY. Let me just say it again. Kate has been a superstar, taking fussy Lucia and feeding her after a (another) failed breastfeeding attempt and meltdown, and letting me nap for THREE HOURS. God love her. My brother Josh came over tonight too, and has been a great help.

It was great to bring her home. Really great. She's sleeping in the bassinet now and I'm so thankful I don't have to go back to the NICU to see her anymore. We brought the NICU staff a huge platter of muffins and scones to thank them for everything. They rule.

5 comments:

Seeking Him said...

The bfing will come...try not to get discouraged...it will make it harder. The biggest lesson I had to learn was to not beat myself up about it...when I figured that out it got so so much better. The sleep was probably all that much better after her being home.

Amy T. said...

Can I borrow Kate? I've had a fussy one here all day!

Mrs Furious said...

Welcome Home Baby Lucia!!!

Julie said...

That is such great news !

Welcome home baby Lucia!!

katieo said...

:)

Bless Kate. Mothers, sisters, friends, aunts- Family who swing in and help after a baby comes = automatic sainthood.

(p.s. I called the lactation specialist several times after baby number one. I even went back a couple of times to the hospital for some extra help. She was a lifesaver.)