Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thank YOU Kate!

This is a long overdue post to thank Kate, my stepsister, for flying out to spend the weekend with us and basically keep us glued together. She arrived Oct. 3, when Lucia was still in the NICU, I was still out of commission and in need of assistance to do basic things like oh I dunno, take out the trash and make breakfast.

She arrived and stepped right in to help out; taking care of Lucia and helping us shuttle over to the NICU to see Lucia, running errands to get more baby supplies, and helping us assemble a kickass thank-you platter of muffins, scones and goodies for the NICU staff.

On Lucia's first night home, as you might remember, both Pete and I had to go to the ER for separate ailments. (HUGE thanks to Josh for taking Pete to the ER and then coming back over to hang out with Kate). Kate not only took care of Lucia, but was three steps ahead in terms of troubleshooting. She was generally a lifesaver. We really couldn't have made it without her. Thank you so much Kate!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather-

You are most welcome -- I am glad to have been able to help!! I really enjoyed spending time with everyone and getting to meet Lucia. And don't worry - it isn't just you - every new mother can use a little bit of help those first few days, especially while recovering from a c-section.

I will call you later this week.
Love ya,
Kate

P.S. Could that little girl of yours be any cuter?

Unknown said...

Okay- I am clearly not a skilled blogger/commenter - I just looked at my blog comment and it looks like a letter. It sort of reminded me of Dad (love that man!!) when he used to call and leave a message on my answering machine that said: "Hi Kate. This is Dad. Please call me when you get home. Love, Your Dad." And he spoke the words "Love, Your Dad" - too funny. Anyway, I will work on my blog comment etiquette going forward :)

Heather said...

No, you commented successfully! It read great! :)