SO much of being a mother, so far, has been fumbling along for me, not having any sense of what's normal and what's not. It's like being lost and not being able to find your bearings. I don't know what I don't know.
So I mention the poop out to Mary, who says to switch to Pampers, that they don't leak. I was reluctant, as we have about a million packages of Seventh Generation diapers. But tonight's poop-out was the icing on the cake. And by icing, I mean pumpkin-soup consistency absolutely all over her and having to change her in the trunk of the car and having to strip her down naked when it's 50 degrees out, resulting in her making the most horrific cries and subsequently ripping my heart out. It was a real delight. We bought pampers on the way home, and we'll be using these from here on out. I'm returning the 7thG diapers to Whole Foods and hoping for a store credit.
While I feel a slight tinge of guilt over the environmental implications of us using Pampers, I can't handle poo everywhere. I'm drinking a beer to calm my very frayed nerves. Thank god my mom was with me to help me clean Lucia up and get her calmed down. Gawd.
6 comments:
Pampers are the best, good decision. Don't forget to sign up for Pampers Gifts to Grow = free stuff. Lucia is just precious, I wish I was there so I can give her a big hug(and you too Heather!)
+1 for Pampers. They rock! We were extremely ambitious in our pre Maya planning. We were going to use cloth diapers and a diaper service. All of our plans went out the window with the whole pre-mature birth and in retrospect....after trying different diapers I'm also a Pampers fan. I'm kind of chuckling at my nice environmentally friendly plan. Those were the innocent days. :) Now it's all about getting the job done with minimal crying and maximum sleep.
We're a Pampers family, too. We love them. (Sorry, environment.)
I also feel like I am stumbling along, not knowing what I don't know with Kent. The second one is definitely easier since you have more of a clue. Unfortunately, I think the first will always be the test run. :)
Well, how much water and detergent have you been using cleaning up all the poop outs? Maybe in the great scheme of things, it evens out. As for the feeling of not knowing what you don't know, that's typical of being a mom... I am dealing with number 3 here, and I still feel that way every so often.
Another Pampers fan here:)
Oh boy, do I remember those poop outs...poop all over their tiny little bodies:(
Oh, and Heather, Lucia has no idea that you are winging it;)
PS We are all winging it. Learn as you go...there's only so much prep reading a book on parenting can do.
Not going to lie. This post makes me want to wait to have children for another 15 years thanks.
Post a Comment