Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Countdown Begins

  • Approximately 150 kicks left to count and enjoy the rustling of Little Girl as she continually tries to make more room for herself in my womb. Tonight I had to actually tell her: "It doesn't go that way (sideways)! Try the other way!"
  • 69 hours until we arrive at the hospital for the induction
  • 12 more times I have to test my blood sugar and stress out over the results
  • Nine more times (approximately) I'll have to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night
  • Three more nights we'll sleep in our apartment as just the two of us
  • Two bags of cookies we have to bring for the nurses
  • One more non-stress test for Baby Hansen at the doctor tomorrow
  • One more blood pressure check (also tomorrow)
I still can't believe we're having a baby. You'd think it woulda sunk in by now. But on some level, I still can't believe it. Wow.

8 comments:

Megan said...

What a great countdown! It is crazy that you're having a baby. You guys are gonna be great.

But, can I please get some credit for telling you bring cookies to the hospital!??? : - )

Julie said...

Heather, I just said to myself yesterday that I still couldn't believe that I am a mother...and my kids are 7 & 8!

I am so excited for you and Pete!!

Robin said...

Love the countdown! I have to agree with Julie. It still hasn't sunk in that I have kids. :)

Andrea said...

I have to agree I still cant believe Im a mom everytime I look at my kids, I wonder if it ever really sinks in. Cant wait to see LG!!

Heather said...

Megan -- YES! It was all your idea. I remember hearing that you were baking cookies before Fin was born and I thought you were a little nuts. Now I see it makes perfect sense -- only I bought the cookies since I knew baking them = total diabetes destruction. :)

Robin, Julie and Andrea -- PHEW. I kept thinking part of my brain was lagging behind or something! Good to know it's not just me...

Mary said...

wow!! three more days...two and a half, really!!! omigosh, this is so exciting. post after the doc, please!

P.O.M. said...

So exciting.
GO HL GO!

Megan said...

Thanks for the "shout out"! The craziest thing is that your life will NEVER be the same in just a few days. It's going to change FOREVER. For the better. It's crazy!!! But good crazy!