Saturday, September 13, 2008

False Labor = Annoying, Exciting or Good Practice?

So last night I had "contractions" for about two hours. This is the second time this has happened. We did the same thing as last time; I laid really still and we timed them, and tried to discern a pattern and/or if they were getting stronger or more intense. I tried changing positions; they say that if it's false labor that if you change positions they'll go away. They weren't going away.

The funny thing is I was really tired; it was 1:30 a.m. and I just wanted to stay in bed. I thought that if this was the real thing, could someone just wake me up when it's time to go to the hospital? Cause I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get any sleep there; and apparently labor is very tiring. ;)

They finally decreased in intensity and frequency around 3:30 a.m. I'm not sure if it's exciting or annoying or good practice. Maybe all three.

4 comments:

Amy T. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy T. said...

Whoo hoo! I'll tell you what date I voted for only if it's true...
Word of advice, if you aren't already, sleep with something under you, in case your waters break at home. I was fortunate enough to have it in the hosptial, but it was messy!!! Lovely talk I know.
And in case you have the time, don't forget to check out contractiontimer.com, it's awesome for tracking your contractions when you're in too much pain to talk or motion to Pete to time them for you. It logs frequency and duration all with just hitting the space bar on your computer.
C'mon LG!!!

Heather said...

Ah yes, good advice Amy! We got a really nice waterproof mattress pad when we bought our new mattress. Just in case...

I got out the macbook last night, cause I have the contraction timer.com page bookmarked but Pete really wanted to use the ipod (whatevs).

Seriously, come ON LG!

hobbyismyjob said...

ok I voted for the 17th,..that's a good day =)