Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday Update

She threw up the soy too. :(They took her off any food and are feeding her with the IV until 3 p.m. today. I'm going down at 9:30 to talk to the doctors about their next plan of action. I spent more than 90 minutes with her this morning and was so blissed out I wanted time to stop. We did some kangaroo care, which means bare chest to bare chest. It was going great, until she smelled breastmilk and then acted like a crazed maniac frantically trying to find it. I would have loved to try to nurse, but obviously couldn't cause no food is allowed. :(

Pictures of this morning are HERE.

Videos are below. Enjoy.

PS Thank you so much for all of your kind emails, prayers and well wishes. We really appreciate them.
















9 comments:

Jen said...

Heather
I just wanted to let you know the obvious - she is a beautiful baby and also a baby that wants to eat so much it has to be a good thing- I hope the reflux improves quickly. I apologize for commenting rarely before- I have been reading your blog since you were spotlighted in PNP before your wedding- I was doing a PNP program as well and was on the Go Heather Go- your blog is so funny and approachable i just never stopped reading. I don't comment because I always forget my ID- so hopefully I will get it right this time. But I wanted to let you know that you have a lot of people rooting for Lucia and keeping you in our thoughts- even strangers in Florida.

Julie said...

Oh Heather, Lucia is so wonderful.

I am praying for you all that the feeding issues get all cleared up and little girl can feed with out throwing up and can go home soon.

So sorry that you guys are going through this all.

I love her little baby sounds.

hobbyismyjob said...

Hmmm..my neighbors son had all kinds of food allergies, they had to IV feed him at 8 years old for 6 weeks on a special formula, so he wouldn't throw up, cause he was throwing up all the time. Once he got through that they added each food group at a pace of 2-4 weeks, to see what he could and could not eat. Strangely enough he grew out of it and is totally fine now, but there are rare food allergies out there, I'm sure your doctors are on top of it, but since I've been through a few things of my own, it can't hurt to get a 2nd opinion. Anyhow, I know she'll be fine once she grasps breast feeding =)Hang in there!

Colleen said...

I'm so glad you are bonding!! I hope you get the feeding issues sorted out soon. (BTW, your hair looks damn good, all things considered!)

Mary said...

she is the most peanutty of all the peanuts in the world. seriously!! do that kangaroo care girl...you guys are on your way...i really wish they'd let you nurse her, she wants to so bad...keep on those doctors and we're hoping she comes home tomorrow. xoxo

Robin said...

Poor little girl. I hope y'all are able to get it figured out soon.

She is so precious. Such big eyes and full lips. Love the videos, and that picture of you holding her is so great!

Megan said...

Those eyes - that's all Lynch! She is too precious. Kangaroo Care - what a great name. Better than "skin-on-skin" which makes it sound all pervy.

Kisses for the peanut!

Unknown said...

Heather-
She's so darling!! And you look great. I love the kangaroo care! Keep up the good work. xoxo Barb

P.O.M. said...

She is jsut precious. I totally noticed her intense eyes and gorgeous lips! I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope you can all be home soon.