So here's the update for the day. I'll start with the bad news so we end things optimistically.
Bad news: Lucia's bloodwork today came back looking worse than yesterday's bloodwork. It supposed to be trending down, today hers trended up. They're looking at whether she has sepsis.
Good news: if she does have it, they're ready to treat it and she won't have any long-term issues.
Bad news: Lucia hasn't figured out that sucking = key to getting breastmilk.
Good news: she's trying really hard to figure it out, and all signs are there that she'll get it sometime soon. We're just going to keep trying.
Bad news: She threw up all of her food today.
Good news: They're not going to force feed formula anymore to her (through the feeding tube). She's being fed through the IV to give her GI system a break.
Bad news: She won't be coming over to our room anytime soon. The docs want to make sure she's got the feeding issues down, and with her constantly vomiting everything right back up, that's an issue.
Good news: I won't be discharged until Tuesday, and hopefully she'll be able to come home with me. I will be sad if she can't, but I want her to have the best care and be in a great place health-wise when she comes home.
Bad news: She's a little dehydrated.
Good news: They are hydrating her through the IV and hope that she's more interested in breastfeeding when she's feeling better.
She's still absolutely adorable and we're amazed by her. We're hoping she's feeling better soon.
4 comments:
Congratulations on Ms. Lucia. She is absolutely beautiful! I can't imagine recovering from Csection. Get plenty of rest so you will have tons of energy when you leave on Tues with your little one!
Little Lucia, you are so very cute, keep up figuring things out and getting healthy. Much love your way, little sweetie.
Oh I'm sorry things aren't going the way you would have wanted them.
I'm thinking of you guys and hoping that you all get to go home tomorrow.
You and Lucia will both figure out all of the breast feeding issues. I had the same problem with Peter and Josh at first, using the nipple guard or nipple shield helped them and they finally got it. I will pray that you all get to go home together but you have the right attitude if she has to stay longer. When I went home without P & J I was so upset but I thought the same as you, they were being well taken care of, plus it gave me more time to recover from the c-section before I had to dive right in to caring for the little guys at home. We still went to the hospital everday but I was able to get my rest at night, except for having to get up and pump every two hours. You will all continue be at the top of my prayer list. BTW, how is your sugar level, is that all better now?
Post a Comment