Thursday, September 25, 2008

Still waiting

So we are still waiting, it is going very slowly.
We got here drowsy at midnight and was quietly admitted and given a very nice big room. Theres a big bed for heather that can be electrically moved, a fancy chair that folds out to sleep on, space age super strong lamp hanging in the ceiling and all that hospital monitor-computer- gear that beeps trough the night. There's also a bathroom so we don't have to trek down the hallway.
Heather was given some inducing medication that will work slower and more naturally that pitocin but things are really going slowly, more than 24 hours slow.

Its 11:40 am now and she has been induced for nearly 9 hours, but she has not opened more than 1cm out of 10cm, but the babys head has dropped to position "1+" thats good because she started at a 4, but she still need to go to 0 and then further to +2. I dont know exactly how they monitor this but she is making progress but it will take some time.
Further updates will follow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news: All good vibes from Norway

Mom and dad :-)

Colleen said...

Thanks for posting - I have been thinking about you guys all day!! Hang in there and try to take naps while you can!

Colleen

Robin said...

Thanks for the update!!

hobbyismyjob said...

Does this mean possible c-section?

Mary said...

much much love to you both - sleep if you can. can't wait to hear more.

Julie said...

Get some rest while you wait. Make sure you eat, Pete. I don't know if Heather can eat or not. I do have to say that I also had the cervix softening inducing med and it was too slow going. They had to move on to Pitocin. Good luck...