So all the x-rays and blood samples came back fine, there's nothing wrong. She is also not losing any weight. Since the doctors don't have any conclusions or diagnosis for why she continues to throw up, I have my own: Stress. She's had the feeding tube inserted for several days and I think that caused irritation - possibly also induced gaging.
The doctor was of the same opinion and they will not feed her until tomorrow morning, just giving her fluids and nutrition intravenously, then start with a small amount of milk.
We hope a day and a half is enough rest and she stops throwing up so she may be able to come home before the weekend.
7 comments:
Good news. I really hope she can come home before the weekend. I know you and Pete will be totally missing her.
I certainly hope she gets to go home to you guys before the weekend! Your diagnosis sounds pretty damn good. That is a very stressful introduction to the world. And that on top of a c-section, what a rude awakening!
You're not supposed to, but the blankets that they have in the hospital are the best for swaddling when you are home, grab one or two. I did very accidentally. He was all wrapped up when I was discharged, I never thought to change him. Glad I didn't! None of the receiving blankets we bought were big enough.
Heather, You are correct. Just give her small amount of milk :-)
I have to agree with you as well. I hope the break from eating and the graduated reintroduction helps her.
I hope you are right and she can come home soon!!
Thinking of you.
Hi Hansen Team
I've been following your blog and wish you all the best and that you all can be home very soon.
When you are ready I'll plan to visit and bring you some food goodies, so you don't have to run out and even think about eating or cooking.
She's beautiful and hopefully she will adjust soon to the world outside of mommi's bellie.
Thinking of you. Ilka
Thinking of you all and sending good vibes for today's feeding!
Post a Comment